TTY Loan Program
The purpose of TTY Loan Program is to provide equal access to the Relay Connecticut Service and basic TTY communications to those persons who do not currently have any type of TTY.
Connecticut residents who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind or speech-disabled are eligible to receive TTY equipment through CCC at no charge. Eligibility Requirements for the TTY Loan Program in accordance with State Regulations are:
- Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, Deaf-Blind or Speech-disabled persons who find it impossible to use a telephone or amplified telephone. (Hard-of Hearing persons must have tried an amplifier.)
- Full-time Connecticut State Residents
- Must have a Connecticut Telephone Number
- First-time TTY Loan applicants
- Must be 8 years old or older (Parent consent is required for those under 18 years old.)
- Must be a first-time applicant who does not currently have a TTY in her/his home
- No income restrictions
Exchange Program Requirements
- The Loaned TTY must be ten years or older.
- CCC is contracted to exchange TTYs in order of equipment serial number.
- Persons who have loaned TTYs must have been notified by a letter from CCC that TTY serial number has come up.
- Must call CCC to set up an appointment to exchange TTY and bring the notification letter.
- For information on how to obtain TTY equipment in Connecticut:
To apply, please contact:
34 Jerome Ave.
Bloomfield, CT 06002
(800) 743-1219 (V/TTY)
(860) 243-1320 (FAX)
For more information, go to the CCC website.